Tuesday, February 27 2007
Heh … that is a lazy title. Do you have any problem coming up with a title when you do posts on your blog? To me, it comes quite easy and I like that part of writing. Well, I like all the parts of blogging.
Even a spam that I received the other day where someone had written a manual spam email. Y’know clicked on the About page, copy & pasted my email, called me Liz (which only slim does btw and he is currently looking into the benefit of being a dog) and went on to asked if I have received the form and how things where going in Christchurch. Love, if you had read my blog (fair assumption since you call me Liz) you would have known that I think that religion is the root to most evils in our world and would never ever join any religion. But some kundos to you for a manual spam – how saddo am I?
I never really got used to walking in snow and used the Geisha step method not to fall over. I did slip a few times and my dear camera dot airborne and fell in the snow. And that was a blessing compared to the asphalt.
I am missing San Francisco a bit and I think that is a healthy and good thing. It means I have settled in and like the place. We will be heading back soon.
Saturday, February 24 2007
Quite frankly, I am busy eating and learning how to walk in snow again. I had such a nice dinner yesterday, and I am still full. I ate too much … and I put in a real stellar effort to do so. This nice food won’t come my way in a long time again.
I have meet up with my friends, and they are such nice group of friends. And they started asking question about my blog. I told one of my friend about this blog and she usually reads it out when she is sitting in a dull meeeting. Ahhh bless. So now the others want to read it too – bring on the dull meetings 🙂 I also went shopping with my partner in crime which was v fun. We can convinence each other to justify any purchase if necessary.
And now to the weather …
It ignored me to some extent *tsk*. Not so much snow, but the wind … the wind goes through all the clothes, straight to the bone marrow and do a polk dance there. And I moaned – to everyone.
I have taken some pics but that will be uploaded in a couple of days time. I will bore you then about it.
Wednesday, February 21 2007
It is me. I am traveling and I’d like to request that you kindly dump your bad weather somewhere else and not where my presence is.
Any snowstorms can either be directed to Kansas City area as they need a top up of the current snow levels or for a novelty approach, there is this guy in southern India that should experience a snow storm.
Since this is my first request, I see no reason why it should not be meet.
Tuesday, February 20 2007
Now back in London, I see it with a different perspective. The things I miss and the things I don’t.
First thing this morning, we treated ourselves with a breakfast from Pret. On our way there and back, I obviously saw the feared bunch of London commuters – I ain’t missing that part!
Saturday, February 17 2007
MH has had a bereavement in his family and we will be flying back home. Even though it is sad and it was no surprise, it has also an element of peace in it. At the same time there is joy going back to see our families. Mixed feeling all around.
I will do my best to continue looking and applying of jobs here in SF. Internet makes life better and easier. I have, however, strong doubts that I will find a job, get all the papers in order and to be able to submit the visa application in time for 1 April.
The American approach is almost the opposite to the one in the UK. The UK economy would not survive, let alone do so well, unless we had the immigrant workers flooding the UK job market. I think around 500,000-750,000 Polish workers came to UK after Poland joined the EU. And I hear it is now possible to find a reliable plumber that to doesn’t cost an arm and a leg.
Here I am, got a high end uni.degree with experience, wanting to get a job and pay my taxes. The job market within my profession looks actually quite healthy. But to find an employer that can hold out to 1 October, invest time and money before I can start to work is not easy. It has to be love & lust at first sight …
And for the coming weeks, even more irregular posting is likely but hey I will still do my twitter-ing so if nosey (which I hope you all are) check out the twitter badge on my blog. And for you RSS people out there, don’t worry (as if!) Twitter has RSS too 🙂
Update: and here is the twitter link
Friday, February 16 2007
He too liked to sleep 😉
Dog-e (geddit??). He is still in the UK waiting to be brought over here and to be powered up.
Thursday, February 15 2007
This is one of the explanation why the UK is a messed up place. A toddler has more sense then his family but what will he grow up be like.
Damn awful news story.
Tuesday, February 13 2007
That is a good thing to do after a slight mistake, right? Especially since rewind is not an option in our time/space dimension … WHY not??
I am getting good giggles out this but I am gonna put myself into a self-proclaimed pause for a short time.
And I need to concentrate to find some interesting jobs.
Sunday, February 11 2007
I find it difficult to keep my sleep in check and fit in to the norm. I am not a 24 hour body clock, more like 26-27 hour clock. With no fixed routines, I will gradually change ‘my day’. I am a night person and when given a chance, I’d be awake during the night.
Falling a sleep is my biggest difficulty. I wish I knew how to fall asleep quickly … or just how it is happens. I never know if it is going to take 30 min or 3 hours.
My saving grace is that once I am a sleep, I can continue to sleep. I hardly wake up during the night.
Then there is the next issue – to wake up. That doesn’t come easy to me either. I hate waking up. But one of the things I hate more is being late. So this work when I had a job, I got up in time and went on autopilot. But now, well, I am undisciplined. I can make promises to myself and have the best intentions but I often let myself down. I can felt guilty for not getting up and still ignore it.
Why is sleep so seductive? Why does I feel I have to struggle with it? Most nights when I can’t fall asleep, my thought is “I love to sleep when yet I can’t fall asleep”
And why is our society so strict and inflexible when it comes to what the day rhythm should be? Why is it like this? I know for a certain that 9-5 thing does not fit me but I have to make myself fit into it.
Saturday, February 10 2007
1. Customer: ‘My mouse mat isn’t wired up’ Advisor: ‘I’m not sure I understand, your mouse mat shouldn’t have any wires.’ Customer: â€œwell how does it know where my mouse is? Is it wireless?â€
2. Advisor: â€œPress any key to continue.â€ Customer: â€œI can’t find the ‘Any’ key.â€
3. Customer: â€œI keep getting inappropriate pop-ups on my computer and don’t want my wife to think that it’s me.â€ Advisor: â€œI will remove them for you.â€ Customer: â€œHow do I get them back when she is not in?â€
4. Customer: â€œI met a man on the internet, can you give me his phone number?â€
5. Advisor: â€œYou have spyware on your machine which is causing the problem.â€ Customer: â€œSpyware? Can they see me getting dressed through the monitor?â€
6. Customer: â€œHow do I change channel on my monitor?â€ Advisor: â€œYour monitor won’t have channels like a TV.â€ Customer: â€œBut I was watching the internet channel the other day and now I just get the word processing channel.â€
7. Advisor: â€œCan you click on ‘My Computer’?â€ Customer: â€œI don’t have your computer, just mine.â€
8. Customer: â€œMy 14 year-old son has put a password on my computer and I can’t get in.â€ Advisor: â€œHas he forgotten it?â€ Customer: â€œNo he just won’t tell me it because I’ve grounded him.â€
9. Customer: â€œI have lost my work.â€ Advisor: â€œLet’s see if we can get your documents back for you?â€ Customer: â€œYou don’t understand, I’ve lost my job and I want to get on to the internet to find a new one.â€
10. Customer: â€œMy internet isn’t workingâ€ Advisor: â€œWhat modem are you using, is everything connected up?â€ Customer: â€œNo I haven’t taken the computer or the modem out of their boxes yet!â€
4 & 8 are my fav